Sunday, October 24, 2004

Midnight in a Perfect world - DJ Shadow

Ever since I was "domesticated" about a year ago and moved to the northern suburbs of KV, going out at night isnt the same as it used to be. There was a time in the distant past when this man would be hanging out until the chick(en)s started to crow. ( N corrected me, cocks crow...) in Bangsar, getting free kisses from girls, then mingling with the underworld in Chow Kit over hot nasik lemak 50 sen.

Now, the mere mention of KL brings a puzzled look on my face. "KL?What's that?new shopping mall?". In fact the only time me and N really went out to enjoy KL nightlife was when my Thai friend came down to visit. Yes folks, yours truly have been living a hermit-like existence over the past year or so....where Damansara Perdana/Mutiara Damansara/1U are the only "cities" that I know.

so tonight was kinda special. after a nice hot nasik lemak and soto from Tanjung Puteri DSH, me and N took off for a cruise to the city. I admit, having lived in many great cities abroad, I have lost the appreciation for KL. Tonight however, I realised that I have taken this city for granted. From the seediness of Lorong Haji Taib to the pulsating hedonism of Jalan Sultan Ismail, its a city full of stories to tell. The Chow Kit night market vendor have everything in common with that young nubile SPG flailing around in Beach Club; both trying to make living worthwhile in this increasingly dense and soon to be chaotic city. the police roadblocks, the accidents, the lok-lok seller, the pakcik jual ubat seks kuat.....oh yeah....this is beginning to look like KL i used to remember.

Me? I had fun looking and waving at gorgeous ladymen ( well technically N was having fun, I kept rigid in my seat) and walking through buzzing nightmarket.Looks like im gonna have to make more cruising trips to nightime KL. But for tonight's occasion, it was truly an eye opener.Thanks N, love ya.

NB: damn...those ladymen sure have killer bods with equally killer thongs! kalah Monica belluci!