Tuesday, November 02, 2004

New Year's Day - U2

"All is quiet on New Year's Day
A world in white gets underway
I want to be with you..
Be with you night and day
Nothing changes on New Year's Day..."

Nothing changes on New Years Day indeed. True for me at least. I gave up a long long time ago trying to make up all these resolutions, which I never intend to achieve in the first place. But 2005 will be different...yes sir, 2005 will mark the year that this person in a 20++ shell will make the transition to the grande 30 shell. Big deal I know. But hey, when I was 20 I made some life changing resolutions and at least half of them were achieved during the course of 10 years. So for 2005, I shall make my ONLY resolution for the next 10 years. Here it goes:

1) I want to argue less and talk more with N
2) I want to constantly make her feel that she is proud of her man.
3) I want to take my parents for a well deserved vacation.
4) I want to buy a Fender Telecaster Custom 72 MIJ reissue
5) I want to practice a healthier diet
6) I want to do the Umrah
7) I want to be better at managing my money, my time and my sanity
8) I want to travel (properly) to Indochine and the middle east
9) I want to buy a nice diamond ring for N
10) I want to re-read the Quran
11) I want to earn EURO or USD
12) I want to learn French
13) I want to get to know God a little bit better
14) I want to open a restaurant
15) I want to stay calm
16) I want to learn how to surf
17) and how to swim ( properly)
18) I want to help N to forget about the horrible mistakes that Ive made in the past
19) I want to look into the possibility of children
20) I want to stay happy

Ive got 10 years.