Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Volvo Driving Soccer Mom - Everclear

Reading Roadie's blog about football(soccer) inspired me to write this little piece of about football fanatiscm amongts men...or lack thereof.

You see, I am what you can consider an active guy. In my lifetime, I have played rugby, football, badminton, volleyball. Involved myself in athletics, wall climbing, swimming, marathons, kickboxing. More recently, I have been an active futsal player and the occasional grass field football player ( increasingly hard to come by these days...the fields that is).

But N still calls me strange.


You see, I dont watch sport events. I dont watch EPL. I dont follow leagues. I dont keep track on the UEFA. Our house didnt use to have Astro Sports Channel ( I can see other men screaming:blasphemy!!) until N pestered me to subscribe to it. You know those Astro ads they are running right now, the ones with the gfs/wives holding back remotes from their bfs/husbands? well in my case, it would be the OTHER way around, genderwise.

Is there something wrong with me?Why cant I be a spectator?Am I only interested in being the participant?psycho analyze me please, dear readers.

There is a glimmer of hope though. I *do* watch one sporting event, one which i have yet to try out for myself and itching to do so (See this guy's blog http://littlenomad.com): surfing competitions.

baby steps....yes....