Wednesday, November 10, 2004

All You Need Is Love - The Beatles

Sorry folks. this is gonna be a quick one. Day one of the conference is already draining me ( business ops, e-biz, e-commerce bla bla bla...Hey I'm an engineer ok?? :P). NL weather is not helping and being the beach at this time of the year is no plus point either ( on a side note:i wished my room was facing the sea. Ini facing the tram station. apa kejadah....)

Lisa, saw Bazaar, took pictures of Bazaar, nice looking restaurant but unfortunately we did not get to eat in there because it was too full! 50 mins waiting period....pictures will come later...


Had dinner at one of my Dutch colleagues' house. Helped him and his gf get their new bathtub up the stairs. I love the simple Dutch designs. The first thing you notice is that their houses are not wide but memanjang ke belakang. And the big windows. and the little ornaments/decors that they put on the shelves facing the windows.
So my colleague was cooking some pasta with zalm last night ( nay varken en ren vlees, astujfblief(sp?) - no pig and beef meat , please...i think lah..my dutch is rusty), there were some day old newspaper on his gorgeous looking stainless steel countertop. Apparently regarding the backlash the Muslim (read:mostly Moroccans and Turkish) community was facing following the murder of film director Theo Van Gogh. I found out that the "nickname" for Moroccan immigrants were goatfucker. We had a lengthy discussion over dinner about this issue and for one, I cant blame the locals totally for the animosity against the immigrants. These people come to the country, dont even bother to learn Dutch, dont even bother to intergrate into the society, how do you expect locals to understand you?Misinformation is a very dangerous thing indeed.

Ok. sorry for the rambling. I need to figure out what to order for imsak. The zalm quiche sure sounds delicious....

ciao, dag.....