Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Good Times, Bad Times - Led Zeppelin

So I have been guilty of not updating my blog. Been busy living life, if I could say so. The past 3 weeks or so have been severely hectic; younger sister got married, younger sister may be pregnant ( and presenting my parents with their first grandchildren!they cant count on me and N for that...), meetings with MDs, scheduling more meetings coming up ahead and most importantly, me looking for a new job.

I once told an acquaintance of mine, Ms Cherzleen, that the only way I am going to make it big time and retire early is to work as an expat. Can you believe how much expats are getting paid here??? With that in mind, I am now embarking on a quest to become one myself. If I ever intend to retire at 45 ( at least) , I have to earn the USDs or EURO. Cvs have been send out, follow up calls have been made , now its just the waiting part to get shortlisted for an interview. That and luck. or whether or not I managed to charm the lady HR exec over the phone. :)

Wish me luck guys. I am seriously looking forward to get out of Malaysia and make it big outside.

******************************************************

This weekend, the pilot, the engineer, the chef and professor all sat down for a couple of hours of nostalgia and stories about dating innocent looking but horny kampung girls. A mini reunion of sorts, the last I'd seen Mr Chef and Mr Professor was 12 years ago. How people have changed ( and grown!). Good thing to know that all of us have managed to bite the dust, with an offspring or two ( excluding me of course). When at one time , the BP gang would hang out at the canteen and discuss when/whose house to watch that new blue tape or which kampung girl to date, now its talk about how to make more money, where to invest your money, job stress, cars, the cost of living, bringing up a family etc2.

Occasionally the talk would veer into why Air Asia stewadress are much more hornier and sexier than MAS ones but most of the time, we'll go back into talking where to send the kids for good education.

Its good to know each of us have carved our own niche in life. We may not have "made" it yet, but we're all getting there.


cheers.