Friday, July 08, 2005

Swallowed in the sea - Coldplay

"You cut me down a tree and brought it back to me
And that’s what made me see where I was going wrong
You put me on a shelf and kept me for yourself
I can only blame myself, you can only blame me

And I could write a song a hundred miles long
Well, that’s where I belong and you belong with me
And I could write it down or spread it all around
Get lost and then get found
Or swallowed in the sea"

So the end has finally arrived. the swansong.

I guess rather than to let this blog die a quiet death, I might as well get on with hammering the final nail on the blog coffin.

I underestimated what my new role would bring to me. The challenges are great, the expectations high, the time required was 25 hours per diem. And what little leisure time I have these days are spend with N, doing up the house, the cats and family. Reading of books have been relegated to inflight reading material, transit lounge reading material etc2..and thank God for mp3 players as they keep me sane during the hectic schedule that I have. Having been on the road non stop for the last 3 weeks, I finally realized that I will not have the time ( at the present and near future) to maintain this blog. Nonetheless, with the wonders of wireless connections and my ultra thin laptop, I am still able to read wonderful and amazing stories from fellow bloggers .

An ultra condensed/compact version of what has happened since last I post:

1) Our marriage is 2 years old now.
2) Some revelations were made, good & bad.
3) I turned 30 , away from loved ones, on an offshore rig.
4) I was hopsitalized due to stress and anxiety attacks. My blood pressure rose to emergency levels.
5) I bought new albums by coldplay, audioslave, Bloc party, shakira and Nine Inch nails. and yes, not exactly listening material for a 30 yr old ( except for coldplay, who, in my mind, were always middle class and 30 ish)
6) I missed Live 8
7) I underestimated the power of sincerity and honesty. and cutting straight to the heart of a relationship. will it heal?who knows. I hope it does.
8) we have a new stray female cat named APU,named after our dead fish, who is named after the lovable grocery store owner in Springfield.
9) still working on that great travel masterpiece, which, so far, is still unwritten and currently exist in a tiny corner of the grey matter.
10) i have no more skeletons in the closet for N. no more.

there you go.

not so interesting eh?

anyway, farewell to friends and acquaintances who been dropping by. This blog will pick up again someday. but for now, rest in peace, No Alarms, No Suprises.

adieu.